The University of Minnesota Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) offers students, staff, and faculty from the health sciences, Boynton Health, and Student Counseling Services an opportunity to be of service to their community during a health emergency or disaster.
Since 2004, the University's MRC has aided in emergency response and public health initiatives on campus and at the local, state, and national level in a timely and effective manner and in so doing has provided unique educational and experiential opportunities for health sciences students, staff, and faculty.
Depending on the nature of the emergency, members may have clinical and non-clinical roles. Potential activities include, but are not limited to:
- taking medical histories,
- administering vaccines or medications,
- answering a hotline, or
- providing behavioral health support
Non-clinical staff may be needed to:
- welcome and register clients,
- assist with supplies and equipment,
- enter data, or
- provide IT and and other administrative and logistical support