Controlled Substances in Research

When using controlled substances in research and teaching activities, all University of Minnesota employees must comply with federal and state regulations, as well as institutional guidelines. This page offers a collection of important documents and links related to controlled substances compliance.

Registrants are appointed by the department head and their numbers are limited by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Authorized users are University employees authorized to use controlled substances by the department’s registrant.

Contact DEHS at [email protected] with further questions about controlled substances.