New to Using Controlled Substances for Research and Teaching

If you intend to use controlled substances for research or teaching, contact your unit/department administrator to determine if there is a DEA registrant in your building who would be willing to authorize you to use controlled substances under their registration. You may also contact DEHS at [email protected] for help finding a registrant in your building.

If there is no registrant for your department in your building, you may apply for a registration or your department head may appoint a Registrant. The appointee must apply for a research DEA registration. Please see DEA online application instructions for further guidance. When the DEA registration has been received for the building in which your lab is located, you can order controlled substances. 

It is required that anyone in the lab using controlled substances for research complete the Controlled Substance online tutorial

Additional questions or concerns? Please contact [email protected] for further assistance.