Slurry Bottles
Slurry bottle

Researchers who have excess controlled substances in syringes after a research procedure are required to collect the excess in a slurry bottle and document the contents of the slurry bottle on a Controlled Substance Disposal Form. Schedule I and Schedule II waste should be kept in a different bottle from Schedule III through V. Do not use a syringe to remove the unused contents of a vial and collect in a slurry bottle. In order to obtain a slurry bottle, contact DEHS at (612) 626-1604 or [email protected].

The slurry bottle must be kept in the safe!