Radioactive Materials

The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has issued a license to the University of Minnesota for the use of radioactive materials in research, teaching and medical applications. All personnel who wish to use radioactive materials in any University facility must work under an existing permit or submit an application for a permit which will be reviewed by the appropriate University committee. In most cases, the applications to use radioactive material can be reviewed and approved internally without the need to receive additional authorization by MDH.
Our auditors are here to help. Please feel free to contact them to help answer any of your questions.